Galileo once said, “Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.” This is the basis for any web analytics implementation strategy. Web analytics does the following;
- Tracks how visitors come to your website
- Measures what they do when they are on your site
- Records if those visitors take your desired action
Seems pretty simple right? Well, it is. But where so many companies fall short is adding the appropriate code to Track, Measure and Record, thus losing valuable insight on how to optimize their marketing plan and website.
A basic web analytics implementation will pretty much give you the bullets above to a certain degree, but you could go so much deeper and answer questions such as:
- Was the blue or red display ad more successful?
- Which homepage image drove more visitors to convert?
- What audience group engages with my website longer and more often?
The questions you need answered will certainly vary, but rest assured that if it happens online web analytics can track it. But it won’t do any of that unless the proper set up is in place to do so! Let Bluefin Strategy take a look under the hood and provide a quick web analytics audit to ensure your data questions have answers.